- Canvas and Coffee MNO was a huge success! Many thanks to Jen Skipper for leading the group in a painting a beautiful dogwood picture. We hope to plan another Canvas and Coffee MNO for next year!
- Mom-Wise event will be Friday May 1st at Nancy Ryalls home @ 7pm. The discussion topic will be Healthy Boundaries. Snacks and beverages provided.. just bring yourself!
- Droff for FBC's Spring Giveaway will be held April 29th, 30th and May 1st at FBC. See times listed on the adjacent flyer.
- MOPS Swap - at the meeting May 7th. Please bring in gently used accessories (think scarves, jewelry, belts, purses, bags, makeup bags, hair clips, like-new condition shoes). Please bring ALL donations to FBC by Wednesday evening, 5/6 for MOPS setup at 7:30 pm. Each table can organize a collection person who could bring the items to prior to MOPS setup on 5/6.
- MOPS Family Picnic - May 16th, from 4-7pm at the Dunlora Clubhouse. MOPS will provide bbq and a bounce house for the kiddos. Tables will bring a side or dessert and will come with a family picnic game ready to play. More info to come.
- Secret Sisters - can begin revealing yourself to your secret sister at the next meeting, May 7th. Just hand your final gift to your sister and give her a big hug!
- At the last meeting on May 21st, we will collect and deliver any cards or gift items for MOPPETS workers. Remember, they really like Starbucks if you need an idea! :)
As the meeting started, Laurie announced that Jenny Street will be the MOPS Coordinator next year! Many Steering Team positions are available - please let Laurie or Jenny know if you are interested. Positions include: Table Leader Coordinator, Service Coordinator, Prayer and Care, Publicity - blog, photography, Facebook and Newsletter and of course we need Table Leaders!
We were blessed with Mentoring Mom Laurie Miller sharing a little of her story with us. Laurie wanted all of us to know that God's plan is always better than our plans, even in the midst of trials and hardships. Some favorite scripture quotes Laurie shared were Isaiah 55:8-9, Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Isaiah 43:18-19.
Finally, speaker April Nix spoke to us about educational and creative play for our children. April talked about having a "sensory diet" with our kids - activities that incorporate as many senses as possible; incorporating "parallel talk" with small ones - explaining what the child is doing before the child can talk/explaining cause and effect (example: "Oh you fell and bumped your bottom. I know that hurts"); and she introduced the "concept of word," which is a program that exposes children to the concept of reading using poem memorization. You can visit April's website at Discovery Toys here.
See you in May!!